Walk In Clinic LanhamDr. Sherif is a renowned Maryland primary care physician providing superior medical care to patients throughout Washington D.C. and Maryland-- including Baltimore, Greenbelt, Lanham, Northern Virginia, New Carrollton, and more. Our Maryland primary care clinic also has a walk-in clinic/urgent care attachment for patients who are not regularly seen at the primary care clinic but require immediate non-emergency medical care. Our doctor will never dismiss your concerns, but will challenge himself to get to get to the root of your medicals problems through a thorough investigation and extensive testing. All medications prescribed and their various purposes will be explained to you. When necessary, Dr. Sherif will not hesitate to refer you to a specialist appropriate to your specific case. Dr. Hassan and his team aim to render the best Maryland primary care in the warm, welcoming atmosphere of his Lanham office.
More on Dr. sherif: the Benefit of Having An Internist as Your Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Hassan Sherif is an Internal Medicine Physician. He has been practicing medicine for just over 30 years. After earning his medical degree at the University of Cairo, he completed a rigorous residency at George Washington University. As an Internist, he is able to diagnose and treat a great variety of adult diseases at his Maryland Primary Care and his Urgent Care Clinics.
Internal Medicine doctors do not specialize in just one area of the body, but rather, are knowledgeable about the unit as a whole and familiar with all its systems. Dr. Sherif works together with sub-specialists to solve complicated cases. He is able to treat patients with:
- Cardiac problems
- Digestive problems
- Hormonal and Endocrine issues (incl. thyroid problems)
- Kidney disease
- Infectious diseases, and much more...
When to go to the ER Vs Calling Our Office
- Fevers Ankle
- Coughs and Cold
- Abdominal pain
- Sinus Infection
- Pink Eye
- Minor Cuts and Burns ETC….
- Chest pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe allergic reaction
- Broken bone
- Coughing/ Vomiting blood
- ER’s are not staffed to focus on minor injuries and illness. Your personal physician better understands your health and provides overall better care.
- Urgent care centers and Freestanding ER’s offer similar services as a physicians office but charge a lot higher.
- Potentially unnecessary ER visits costed $4 billion to healthcare in 2017.
Services Offered by our Maryland Primary Care and Urgent Care Clinics
- Same day appointments: Whenever possible, we will get you a same day appointment for time-sensitive issues, such as travel vaccinations, physicals required for work, and USCIS-related appointments. Our staff is dedicated to serving you when you most need it.
- Travel clinic: Dr. Sherif strives to serve the community as a whole with his travel clinic. Physical exams, preventative care advice, and vaccines may be obtained for patients of all ages through our Maryland travel clinic. However, for referrals and more in-depth health care, call now to become a regular patient for one of the best Maryland primary care physicians.
- USCIS Exams Maryland: Dr. Sherif and his team help candidates for US residency and citizenship obtain the required physical exam, outstanding vaccinations, and TB tests. Contact our office to book an appointment in time for the completion of your application.
- Prescriptions are refilled quickly and easily.
- Labs: Dr. Sherif will gladly order the blood panel tests needed to get to the bottom of your physical ailments.
Types of Insurance Accepted at Maryland Primary Care Clinic and Urgent Care Clinic
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- And Other Health Insurances... Call 1(301)277-3555 to ask about your insurance.
Hours of Operation are Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 5PM. For a detailed schedule of our Holiday schedule, click here.
Maryland Urgent Care & Primary Care is a full service Urgent Care Medical Clinic and Medical Testing Facility offering Immediate Medical Treatment and Primary Care Services to residents located in Maryland and Washington DC. Our Service Area includes: Prince George’s (PG) County, Maryland, Washington DC, Bowie, Capitol Heights, Cheverly, Clinton, College Park, Columbia, Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Lanham, Largo, Laurel, New Carrollton, Riverdale, Silver Spring and Baltimore, MD.
Dr. Hassan is very knowledgeable. He spent time with me listening to what the issues I am complaining about. He conducted a thorough examination and provided me with comprehensive explanation.
Went to this office after I was hurt in a Car accident. Staff informed me that they work only with Attorney Lien. I did not know what that means. They explained it all to me and set me with an Injury Lawyer to whom I went after my first visit. I was referred to an outstanding Physical Therapy Clinic. Although I was badly injured thanks to excellent care I felt back to normal in 2 months.
Discovered this place by accident when I fell ill and wanted to be seen first thing in the morning. Was in and out within 30 minutes. I know now whom I choose to be my PCP. This Place for Sure
Was seen by Dr. Hassan for a Travel Consult as I was Traveling to Brazil. I did not only receive outstanding service but had an Educational Experience about Vaccines and why I should get this and not that. A must do visit if you are traveling and want to safeguard yourself
Maryland Healthcare Insurance The physicians at Maryland Urgent Care & Primary Care are Primary Care providers and specialist Doctors for Medicare, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Aetna, CIGNA, United Healthcare, NCPPO and Alliance. Maryland Urgent Care & Primary Care accepts the following Health Insurance Coverage, but we would ask you to bring a valid Insurance Card and a Picture ID with […]Read More
Maryland primary care services Physical examination from the age of 6 month and older. Urgent Medical Care and Walk-In’s. No appointment needed. Personal Injury, Immediate care. Wound care/Minor trauma. Family and Internal medicine appointments (including care for Diabetes, Asthma, and Hypertension.) Workers Compensation, Pre Employment Physicals and Drug screening (Department of Transportation) DOT Physicals, […]Read More
United State Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) Medical Exams and INS Physicals Dr. Sherif Hassan is certified by the Department Immigration and Naturalization as a Civil Surgeon. He specializes in medical examinations for persons applying for US Citizenship or change of status. All applicants for adjustment of status and some applicants for citizenship are required to have […]Read More